Bean Burgers serves 4
1 x 400g (can) cannellini beans
1 x 400g (can) red kidney beans
110g white bread crusts removed
25g grated cheddar
1 small carrot grated
2 cloves garlic crushed
2 tbsp fresh coriander finely chopped
Half tsp chilli powder
2 tsp cumin
¼ tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp tomato puree
Salt & pepper
Plain white flour for coating
Olive or sunflower oil for frying
· Drain beans, tip onto a chopping board and roughly chop them up.
· Put bread in a food processor to make crumbs.
· Mix all the burger ingredients in a bowl with a fork.
· Shape lightly into 8 burgers.
· Coat lightly in flour.
· Chill in fridge for about an hour to develop flavours or cook straight away.
· Heat oil in frying pan, cook gently for 5 minutes each side till cooked through.